Tuesday, January 06, 2009

In Memory-

Princess Hadley Fox
9-27-2000 to 12-12-2008

Hadley Fox was a precious girl who had a brain tumor. She lived a life of love in and out of Dr. office and hospitals. She rarely complained and she never forgot a person that she had met. Hadley was amazing!!! My family was blessed to be able and live with the Fox family for a few months before we moved to San Diego. Here are some of my favorite memories.

***So every morning Troy would get up and Hadley would meet him in the kitchen. She would say, "Good morning Troy. How was your sleep? I like POPS!" What she meant was he should get her some POPS cereal.

***We have 2 dogs- Samson and Hubble- and Hadley would ask, "Are these my dogs?" and we would say, "Nope" and she would ask, "Is Samson mine?" and we would say, "Nope" and she would say, "Is Hubble mine?" and we would say, "Nope, these are our dogs." At this point she would look at us and say, "Is this my house?" Of course we told her it was and then it would start over. She wanted to catch us off guard and say she could have the dogs.

***We were out to dinner with the Foxes and while we waited for the pizza to come to our table we were drinking our pop. Hadley drank hers and wanted some more. She got a refill and Angela told her no more. Well the boys finished there first glass and asked for a refill and I was pouring it for them. Hadley scooted her glass over said, "I want more." I told her that she couldn't have any more because her mom said no and Hadley said, "She can't tell me that!"

***Following the story above- Troy taught Hadley to say, "My mom drinks!" as she said it she would rub your hand. Because that got such a laugh she then added, "I drink too."

***Another favorite is that her Dad taught her to say, "Ron Paul eats babies!!!" Do you think she said it quietly? NO- and in the strangest places! Crazy girl!

I know that there are a lot more stories about this girl. She was amazing! My family and i miss her a lot.

No comments: